Few people know how useful banana peel, so in this article, we will talk about 16 unusual ways of using it. Throwing banana peel , you deprive yourself of many nutrients, because it contains antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, which are very useful for health and beauty.
Banana is a very tasty and healthy fruit, rich in nutrients. In addition, it can be bought almost anywhere. Surely, like everyone else, you eat the flesh of this wonderful fruit and throw out the banana peel, considering it completely useless. Well, you’re wrong!
Why is banana peel healthy?
Here’s what the banana peel is capable of:
- 1. This is a natural pain reliever: the banana peel contains oils that sooth pain with burns and scratches.
- 2. Removes warts: to get rid of warts on the hands and other parts of the body, attach to them a piece of banana peel for the night with a plaster. Repeat this procedure until the warts disappear.
- 3. Treats hemorrhoids: apply a skin to the white part to the diseased area for the whole night. Repeat the procedure as often as necessary.
- 4. Removes redness: In the magazine “Pharmacognosy and phytochemistry” it is recommended to rub the inside of the banana skin with a patch of skin reddened from contact with poison ivy.
- 5. It alleviates the itching: to remove the itch after insect bites or contact with poisonous plants, apply banana peel to the skin inside and leave for a few minutes.
How to use a banana peel for beauty?
- 6. Struggles with acne: the inside of the banana peel is rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that help cleanse the face and fight acne. Just put a piece of peel white side to the pimple and leave for a few minutes.
- 7. Smoothes wrinkles: the antioxidants contained in the banana peel help protect the skin and prevent the premature appearance of wrinkles. It is especially recommended to use it for the skin around the eyes, so it will become more elastic and taut.
- 8. Helps to remove the splinter: attach the banana peel to the splinter with adhesive tape and tear it off sharply. The splinter should easily come out of the skin.
- 9. Whitens teeth: banana peel helps remove stains from teeth. Apply the skin to the inside of the teeth for two minutes. Repeat this procedure every day.
How to use banana peel to care for the house?
- 10. Gives shine to leather products: banana peel helps to shine shoes, leather furniture and belts. Just rub the surface with the inside of the banana peel, and then sodium it to shine with a cotton cloth.
- 11. Will help to clean silver: beat the banana peel with a little water in the blender until a homogeneous mixture is obtained. Use it to remove stains that appear on the silverware and ornaments.
- 12. Accelerates the process of ripening avocados: in the peel of bananas contains the hormone ethylene, which accelerates the ripening of fruits. Put the avocado into a bag with several pieces of banana peel and leave it there for 24 hours.
- 13. Repels pests: it is better not to use insecticides that harm your health and the environment. If your house plants attack, for example, aphids, bury pieces of banana peel to a depth of 3-5 cm in the pot.
- 14. Stimulates the growth of plants: due to the high content of potassium, the banana peel promotes faster growth of plants. Cut the peel and pulp of the banana with a fork and spread it around the seed that you are about to plant.
- 15. Useful for compost: bananas quickly rot and saturate the soil with nutrients.
- 16. Makes meat softer: if you want to improve the taste of dry or hard meat, add a ripe banana to the container in which it will be cooked, before placing it in the oven.