Banner Top
Friday, December 14, 2018

Breast Cancer


Breast cancer  is a disease that mainly affects women, however, in rare cases, it can develop in men.

Despite the fact that everyone knows the severity of this disease and the risk factors that can cause  breast cancer, there are various “popular” ideas and beliefs that can only confuse patients and  prevent proper and effective action in the fight  against this terrible disease.

The problem is that many of these erroneous beliefs have already spread around the world, and somehow cause fear in those who are at a higher risk of developing this disease and those who already have to deal with it.

For this reason, we decided to share the most common myths associated with breast cancer, in order to clarify many of your doubts.

Can the consumption of sugar provoke breast cancer?

Myth.  It is not true to say that the consumption of sugar is a trigger for this disease or that sugar can accelerate its development.

Although some studies have shown that cancer cells consume more sugar than normal, based on this, it can not be concluded that the sugar provokes breast cancer or that cancer can be cured by completely eliminating it from their diet.

However, excessive consumption of sugar in itself can have a negative impact on health , cause obesity, diabetes and other complications that can worsen the quality of life and increase the risk of this disease.

Can a blow to the mammary gland cause cancer?

Myth. Until now, there is no evidence that women, who for one reason or another have received a blow to the chest, have an increased risk of developing this disease.

The only consequence of this injury is that in severe cases, medical care may be required.

Despite this, there is no causal relationship between breast trauma and the development of this disease.

Can early menopause cause cancer?

True. In fact, as a rule, even timely menopause entails a great risk, due to the hormonal changes that it causes.

In the case of premature menopause, it is very important to undergo regular medical examinations, because the risk of cancer is significantly increased, because hormonal changes came at an earlier age and caused changes in the body that were to occur much later.

The risk is also increased in cases where the first menstruation occurred earlier than usual, with the appearance of children after 35 years of age, in nulliparous women after 35 years of age, or if you have taken birth control pills for life.

Can deodorants and antiperspirants provoke breast cancer?

Myth. For several years we have been warned about the possible risk of cancer when using these products, but the truth is that so far scientists have not been able to find any evidence linking chemicals used in deodorants to changes in breast tissue.

Nevertheless, this subject is the subject of study in countries such as Japan and the US, because already conducted studies in women have discovered the remnants of particles of these elements, and it is not known whether there is a connection with this disease.

Does the risk of cancer patients increase the incidence of this disease in relatives?

True.  At least 20% of breast cancer cases in women are related to the family history of the disease; The remaining 80% are caused by other factors that have nothing to do with genetics.

Women who know someone in their family has been treated or died from this type of cancer should, from an early age, resort to prevention and control methods in order to detect and prevent the development of the disease in time.

Can a relapse occur?

True. Cancer can happen again, either in the same breast, or another. Chemotherapy or radiotherapy significantly reduces the risk of relapse, but this does not mean that the disease can not appear again.

The National Cancer Institute recommends that women who have overcome a cancerous tumor undergo an annual medical examination and do mammography every two years.

If I have a small chest, then the risk of cancer is minimal?

Myth. The size of the breast has nothing to do with the size of the breast, and the risk of developing cancer in this situation is the same as that of any other woman.

Tags: , ,
From our daily advice and topics for all of you willing to make your and the life of your dearest better and healthier. Taking care of your health is part of your locus of control. Take the initiative starting today!

Related Article

0 Comments

Leave a Comment