Chronic Gastritis – Symptoms and Treatment
Chronic Gastritis – a disease which characterized by recurrent inflammation of the gastric mucosa, manifested similar symptoms. The defeat of the inner membrane of the stomach can be either primary and secondary, due to other diseases.
Many factors are contributing to the development of chronic gastritis. The external factors include:
- violation of the regime and diet, as well as constant use of harmful food;
- the regular use of extremely cold or hot products;
- violation of chewing function;
- daily intake of alcohol;
- the proper use of some medicines affecting the inner membrane of the stomach.
- Chronic inflammatory diseases of the oral cavity;
- Endocrine diseases ( diabetes, diseases of the thyroid gland );
- The metabolic illness;
- Violation of the kidneys;
- Chronic digestive system diseases (pancreatitis, liver cirrhosis, hepatitis).
Symptoms of Chronic Gastritis
Symptoms of chronic gastritis in many respects depend on how impaired secretary function of glands in the stomach gastritis (reduced or, on the contrary, enhanced). However, there are some common symptoms characteristic of any chronic gastritis, when they appear, it is necessary to consult a doctor for further diagnosis.
- Aching pain in the epigastric region, occurring during or immediately after a meal, sometimes pain can wear cramping in nature. Less pain may occur in 1.5-2 hours after a meal or on an empty stomach at night. Pain symptom occurs more than half of the patients.
- Dyspeptic symptoms – the most common symptom of chronic gastritis. In diseases with high acidity of gastric acid regurgitation patients worried, heartburn and vomiting shortly after eating. Gastritis with small secrecy appear nausea, digestive disorders as constipation and diarrhea, patients notice a decrease in appetite.
- With the progression of disease in patients experiencing a variety of different symptoms associated with impaired absorption of nutrients and vitamins. Patients observed pale skin, brittle nails, and hair perches at the corners of his mouth. In many patients, there is a decrease in body weight increased bleeding gums.
Treatment of Chronic Gastritis
Treatment of the disease involves a set of procedures and treatment is chosen individually for each patient, taking into account the type of gastritis diagnosed, stage of illness and the presence of comorbidities. Typically, patients treated on an outpatient basis, but sometimes, when severe exacerbations and complications arise, may require hospitalization.
The first step is to eliminate the external factors, the effects of which led to the development of the disease, such as smoking, alcohol consumption, poor nutrition.
The basis of treatment of any chronic gastritis is diet therapy, the diet also chosen depending on the type of gastric secretion disorders. The diet should be complete. Balanced but may limit the period of the acute disease in the diet until fasting for several days.
Regardless of the type of chronic gastritis, food, edible, should be taken with warm, not hot and cold. Prepare them better by baking in the oven, steamed. Meals should be regular, fractional, eating 5-7 times a day in small portions, you cannot avoid overeating. The food should thoroughly be chewed; it is necessary to pre-grind if needed.
Drug therapy of chronic gastritis, and as a diet depends on the type of violation and the secretion of gastric glands phase of the disease.
In the treatment of illness following groups of drugs are used:
- Medications that decrease the secretion of hydrochloric acid. These include blockers H2-histamine receptors (famotidine, ranitidine) and proton pump inhibitors.
- Antacids are assigned for the relief of heartburn because they have the ability to bind the hydrochloric acid and reduce the activity of gastric enzymes. These include Almagell, Fosfalyugel, Gaviscon.
- Preparations having a gastroprotective action, helps protect the stomach lining from aggressive hydrochloric acid and gastric juice. They have astringent and protective action. For drugs in this group include De-now, Vikalin. The drug Venter addition to the above effects has an antacid and anti-ulcer effect.
- Enzyme preparations are necessary for the normalization of digestion. These include Maxim, Creon Pancreatin.
- The normalization of peristalsis and eliminate spasms achieved using antispasmodic drugs, and drugs – motor regulators (Trimmed).
- Antibacterial drugs prescribed for determining whether a patient in the stomach of H. pylori infection. For their destruction may have different groups of antibiotics that are matched only by the doctor.
- Drugs that stimulate gastric secretion appointed in chronic gastritis with low gastric secretary function.
- Vitamins included in the therapy in cases where as a result of a long-term inflammation of the stomach,. Developed beriberi and anemia. Typically, patients received iron supplements (Sorbifer-rules, Petrolatum), vitamin B12 and folic acid.
The use of folk remedies for the treatment of chronic gastritis is permissible. Not before their application should consult with a physician.
To which the doctor ask
When the symptoms of maldigestion can contact a physician or a gastroenterologist. Necessarily need to pass EFGDS to exclude peptic ulcer or gastric cancer. In the treatment of diet is critical, therefore, will be useful a nutritionist consultation.