Cramps In The Legs
Cramps in the legs are associated with muscle over strain. This may be due to the fact that you sit in one position for a long time or you regularly subject yourself to exhausting physical stresses, for example, you run fast long distances.
The irritating sensation of cramping can be short or prolonged. If at this point the muscles contract, unpleasant sensations become worse.
Seizures happen to everyone from time to time, but in some people they are very frequent. Typically, if you often suffer from spasms, this is due to poor blood circulation, dehydration, malnutrition or nervous disorders.
Sometimes the onset of seizures is an occasion to consult a specialist. If they become very frequent and irritate you, you need to talk to your doctor to determine the cause of the repeated seizures.
Pay attention to the fact that some diseases can be associated with cramps in the legs and feet. But you can use our advice to relieve the condition with cramps.
A few tips to help you cope with seizures
- If you experience a spasm, transfer the weight of the body to that leg, which suffers from unpleasant sensations, for a few seconds. Watch that the second leg is torn from the ground.
- If you wear closed shoes or socks, take them off and let your feet stay in the air for a few minutes.
- Pull out your fingers and lift your foot, holding the heel on the floor. Gently move your fingers. Do this exercise until the pain disappears.
- Bend your fingers back. If pain persists, help yourself.
- To get rid of the pain and re-attack, walk around the room a little, as soon as the painful sensations from the cramps have passed.
- If the spasm lasts a few minutes, put a hot wet towel to the foot to warm and relax the muscles.
- You can try the acupressure to relieve the seizure , pressing the upper lip with your index and thumbs for 30 seconds.
- Another point that will help you get rid of cramps is between the thumb and forefinger of the foot. Press it for 30-40 seconds.
Home remedies that help you cope with seizures
If our previous advice did not help you get rid of cramps in your legs, you can pay attention to some home remedies.
If you had a hard day, you experience physical fatigue or severe fatigue in your legs, a good massage course is ideal for preventing cramps or completely getting rid of them. Razotri legs to relax the muscles or to ease pain from spasms. Massage your leg to strengthen the flow of blood to your feet and completely relax.
If you are afraid to wake up from seizures in the middle of the night, do this massage before bedtime for prevention.
Stretching is one of the best express agents in the fight against muscle cramps. According to the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, gentle stretching and massage of the leg muscles can completely relieve you of seizures. Exercise for stretching should also be done to prevent the occurrence of seizures, especially if you are engaged in any kind of sport.
Gingko biloba infusion will quickly help you get rid of cramps in your legs. To do this, boil three tablespoons of leaves of this plant in one cup of water for 10 minutes, leave this infusion for another 5 minutes and then immediately use it.
Heat helps to relax the muscles of the legs and relieves you of unpleasant sensations. If you do not want to use a hot compress, try to apply on the skin essential oils of eucalyptus, pine, tea tree, rosemary or thyme – they also have a warming effect. It is best to cover your feet with a blanket so that the warming effect increases.
Infusion of arnica
Arnica is a plant with powerful properties that help to stimulate blood circulation in a certain area, reduces inflammation, muscle aches and cramps.
In order to start a course of treatment, you just need to prepare an infusion of arnica and apply a piece of cloth moistened in it to a sick leg for 5 minutes a day. Another option: explore a few drops of tincture of arnica in a basin of hot water and keep the legs in it for 10 minutes.