The causative agent of this infection is Candida albicans , a microorganism that “loves” a moist and warm environment, just the same as usually occurs in this area of the body.
This disease can proceed quite easily and manifest itself from time to time, but in order to avoid serious complications, it is important to take it seriously and treat it.
In addition to medicines, healthy habits and some natural remedies help fight vaginal fungus .
We give here 6 simple recommendations that allow you to successfully resist the fungus.
1. Follow certain rules of hygiene
To ensure that the vagina was healthy and did not succumb to fungal infections, you need to follow certain rules of hygiene.
Soap should be neutral, without aromatic additives and other ingredients that can disrupt acid-base balance.
Underwear should be clean and dry , especially when there are vaginal discharge with an unpleasant odor.
- If you have such symptoms, you need to wash 2 times a day and change your underwear.
- To wash out it is necessary in a direction from front to back so that the fungus and bacteria do not fall into zone “V”.
2. Try to keep this place dry
In normal condition, the vagina is protect by a natural lubricant containing useful bacteria that prevent the reproduction of the fungus.
When the acid-base balance of the vaginal fluid are disturbed, the microorganisms begin to multiply intensively, and an infection occurs.
Since light, humidity is constantly maintained in this zone, care should take to ensure that the outer part of the vagina is dry. This helps prevent the spread of the fungus.
- After a shower or a bath, dry this place thoroughly.
- Make sure that your underwear is not wet.
3. Avoid Sexual Relationships
Vaginal fungal infection does not threaten the health of a partner, but it is not necessary to have sexual relations during her treatment. This can interfere with treatment.
The disease in this case can delay, and with sexual intercourse – there is pain and discomfort.
4. Do the baths with apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar helps restore the acid-base balance of the vagina, and this helps to destroy the fungus.
Active substances of apple cider vinegar, such as acetic acid, have antifungal and antibacterial action.
Apple cider vinegar also relieves burning and weakens discharge.
- Pour half a cup (125 ml) of apple cider vinegar into a basin with warm water and make a bath for 15-20 minutes.
5. Wear underwear made of cotton
With this type of infection, the fabric from which the underwear is made is also important. Some tissues absorb too much moisture and interfere with the free circulation of air in this place.
It is best to wear cotton underwear. It well passes air and does not promote the creation of favorable conditions for yeast fungi and bacteria.
- Wear panties made of cotton.
- On the beach, do not spend a lot of time in a wet swimsuit.
- Wear loose clothing.
6. Do not use talc and aromatic agents
On sale there are special perfumes, talcum, deodorants and other cosmetic products intend for changing the smell of the vagina.
But, as a rule, they negatively affect the microflora of the vagina and can contribute to the development of infections.
The chemicals in their composition destroy useful bacteria that fight the fungus, and thus open the way for infections.
- The need for these funds is very doubtful. If you follow the rules of hygiene, the problem of unpleasant odor from the vagina simply does not arise.
- It has its own specific smell, but it can not call unpleasant.
Do you have a fungal vaginal infection? Follow these recommendations and take action at its first signs.
If improvement is not visible, consult a doctor.