Exercise and Sleep
- 1 Exercise and Sleep
- 1.1 Relaxation technique for better sleep
- 1.2 Attention!
- 1.3 What will help improve sleep
In the modern world, the number of people with sleep disorders has grown very much . The intense rhythm of life, the constant use of electronic devices do not contribute to normal sleep and a sound sleep, and for many, relaxation becomes a serious problem.
Sleep plays a very important role in the normal functioning of the body, and if a person can not sleep and sleep soundly, this can lead to serious health problems, both physical and mental , and worsen the quality of life.
In such a situation, it is simply necessary to learn to create conditions for good sleep and normal sleep.
Exercises for relaxation in this regard are very good, they will help to overcome insomnia and normalize sleep.
If you have trouble sleeping and sleeping, if you often do not get enough sleep, try to do these simple exercises and follow the recommendations given in the article, they will help you improve the quality of sleep.
Relaxation technique for better sleep
Before You Begin
Step 1. Find a quiet place in your house, put on comfortable clothes. You can include calm music.
Step 2. You can do exercises sitting, standing or lying, the main thing – you should be comfortable, and the pose should not require any tension.
- Nº1. If you prefer lying down, bend your knee slightly, the distance between the feet should be 20-30 centimeters. Then the back relaxes well. If you are doing exercises sitting, lean your head against the back of the chair , she needs a support.
- Nº2. Put one hand on your stomach and the other on the upper body, between your chest and neck, to better sense the movements of the diaphragm during breathing.
- Nº3. Keep your eyes closed, breathe deeply and slowly, and imagine how the air passes through your body .
- Nº4. Notice how the air reaches the abdomen (with the help of the hand that lies on the stomach); the thorax should not move. Hold your breath for three or four seconds.
- Nº5. Exhale slowly, counting from five to zero.
- Nº6. Take a few minutes, concentrating on every movement. Gradually you will begin to feel the relaxation in the whole body.
In order for these breathing exercises to function as a relaxation technique, it is necessary to control the rate of breathing and the amount of inhaled air.
Breathing should be slow, not too deep, making a pause after exhalation. Too deep breathing can cause dizziness (due to hyperventilation and elevated oxygen levels in the blood).
What will help improve sleep
It is better not to be limited to these exercises, but also to adhere to the following recommendations, which will help to fall asleep better and sleep soundly.
Go to bed and get up on time.
Try to go to bed and get up at about the same time. The body gets used to a certain “schedule”, and a person falls asleep more easily and sleeps more tightly if he lies down at the usual time.
Avoid the siesta
Fifteen minutes to sleep in the day is not harmful, but it is not recommended to delay daytime sleep. Do not also sleep just before night sleep.
A place for sleep should be suitable for rest
The place for sleep should be comfortable, away from electronic devices and appliances, curtains should be fairly dark, and the bed – comfortable.
Too thick dinner or food just before bedtime can also interfere with normal sleep.
Experts recommend a light dinner, and it should be at least two hours before bedtime.
You can read before bedtime
When you can not fall asleep immediately, many people watch TV, play mobile games, watch something on the Internet. This can not be done, since electronic devices give radiation that adversely affects health; it can make it more difficult to fall asleep.
In this situation, it is best to read something or try to do some logical exercise. Such activities at this time usually bring a dream, and, maybe, something will remain in your memory.