How To Drink Coffee
As for coffee, around this tasty and popular all over the world drink is constantly unfolding disputes.
There are various opinions about the benefits and harms of this drink for human health. It depends on various factors, for example, on the amount of drink consumed per day, on the content of caffeine in it, on what exactly we are pouring ourselves a cup of fragrant coffee (for example, to increase activity at work).
Today we will talk in more detail about how best to drink coffee, so that this drink benefits our health.
What should I know about coffee?
Probably, you already had to read about this warming drink more than once, the characteristic captivating aroma of which is able to unite people; A drink that fills us with energy to cope with the preparation for difficult exams. And how good is a cup of hot fragrant coffee on a winter evening while watching your favorite movie!
The main thing is that you should not forget that this drink contains caffeine. This substance has a stimulating effect on the central nervous system of a person, which makes it possible to cope with lethargy and fatigue.
Because of this, people who are forced to work in high rhythm or in a stressful environment, coffee seems like a real panacea for all ills. Unfortunately, in the future such an attitude can lead to unpleasant consequences for health.
Coffee increases the heart rate, irritates the mucous membrane of the stomach, thanks to him we feel a surge of vigor and strength, coffee improves attention, and also reduces appetite. According to some experts, coffee helps us to learn more successfully and improves our memory.
In general, it can be argued that moderate consumption of coffee (up to five cups of drink per week) does not bring any harm to a person. In case of abuse, a person develops tolerance to most of the alkaloids contained in the drink (the same process usually develops when taking medications).
Therefore, the reaction of an amateur coffee drinker who drinks more than two cups of drink per day will not be as intense as the reaction of a person who does not have this habit.
If a person not only drinks coffee, but also smokes, leads a sedentary lifestyle, abuses a fast food, does not engage in sports – the risk of health problems in this case increases . This risk is due not so much to the consumption of the beverage as to the totality of all listed risk factors.
It is also worth noting that people who suffer from anemia, adhere to a vegetarian diet or are vegan, should not drink a lot of coffee drink. The fact is that both coffee and tea prevent the absorption of iron. Among other products with this property, it should be noted chocolate and Coca-Cola.
Also, due to the consumption of coffee, the level of calcium absorption decreases, so it is not recommended to drink this drink for people suffering from osteoporosis, and for patients who have suffered bone fractures or dental injuries.
How to make coffee useful for health?
Do you think that you are addicted to coffee? Each time you have to increase the dose of the drink to feel a surge of vigor and energy? Do you drink more than 4 cups a day? Do you prefer to brew it stronger and more black? Do you know the other risk factors that were listed earlier?
In this case, pay attention to our recommendations, which will allow you to enjoy your favorite drink without harming your health.
- Try not to add milk, cream and less sugar to the coffee. Instead, you can add to the drink a little skim milk, honey stevia or brown sugar. Due to this portion will be less caloric.
- Do not try to replace the breakfast with several cups of coffee, the stomach can not be fooled! Breakfast fills our body with energy for the entire subsequent day, and for this it must consist of fruits, cereals and dairy products.
- If you drink a lot of liquid (water, natural juices, herbal infusions), your body can better resist fatigue and stress. As a result, there will be no need for so much coffee “for vivacity.”
- A good sleep will also allow you to reduce the amount of drink you drink. If you feel restless and irritable lately, you are in a bad mood, and you have trouble sleeping – it is possible that the reason for this is the abuse of coffee.
- A good alternative to regular coffee will be decaffeinated coffee and herbal infusions. They will help you calm your nerves and relax.
- If you suffer from hypertension, cardiovascular disease, anemia, obesity, you have kidney problems, or you are expecting a baby – in these cases it is recommended to avoid coffee or to limit the amount of drink you drink as much as possible.
- It is not recommended to combine coffee with cigarettes and antidepressants. This can provoke severe headache, high blood pressure and a migraine attack.
- If possible, choose organic coffee. Perhaps, its price will be higher than the cost of a drink that you are used to buying in a supermarket, or you will have to go to a specialized store. But you instantly feel the difference between organic coffee and a drink produced in an industrial way. When growing such coffee plants are not treated with pesticides and insecticides, so the drink turns out to be natural and environmentally friendly. Another interesting fact: the grain of organic coffee is larger. When we give preference to an environmentally friendly way of growing coffee, we help our planet.
- Choose coffee with darker and roasted grains, this drink contains more antioxidants than coffee made from medium-roasted beans. Such coffee is stronger, but in this case you will have enough less quantity of grains for preparation of a drink.
- It is equally important to choose the right coffee maker. A well-chosen coffee maker will help you get the most out of each coffee bean and save your money. To make a drink, use purified water. If you want, you can buy a coffee grinder. This will allow you to get coffee with a variety of grinding, without leaving home.
- Another useful alternative is green coffee. Recently, green coffee has become fashionable, as it is believed that this drink helps to lose weight. In fact, green coffee is not at all a separate type of coffee tree. It’s about ordinary coffee beans. The difference is that they are not fried and retain their original color. Green coffee helps to get rid of excess fat, reduces the amount of free radicals in the human body, and also helps to defeat cellulite. This drink will fill you with a feeling of satiety and help avoid overeating. Green coffee is recommended for people with type 2 diabetes. This drink will fill you with the real energy of nature.