How to improve memory
Memory and emotions are closely related.
So much so that factors such as stress can significantly disrupt the functioning of structures in the hippocampus, the area of the brain responsible for memory and emotions.
It sounds incredible, but the harmonious balance between anxiety, motivation, calmness and positive emotions has an incredible effect on our memory.
In addition, during the day we perform certain tasks, which also affect the quality of our memory.
We are sure that this information will be very useful to you.
Control emotions to be healthy
One thing we need to take note of is that our brain, as a rule, best remembers moments with high emotional content. It does not matter whether it’s good or bad.
It is also important to add that human memory does not work exactly like a computer.
Our memories are never literal. The details can slip away from us, we distort some information and even add something from ourselves, so the memory does not store the event exactly as you actually saw it or experienced it.
On the other hand, we all all know that memory works worse as we grow older, and although it is inevitable, we can struggle to slow this natural process.
One way to achieve this goal is to cultivate positive emotions. Next, we’ll show you how to perform this interesting exercise, which will improve your memory every day, and this will have a positive impact on the quality of your life.
Memory “rusts” from routine and extinguishes our emotions
Every day, wake up at the same time, go to the same job, perform the same tasks at home and spend the rest time equally boring – all this negatively affects the memory quality.
- If these things are familiar to you and you realize that you are a slave of routine and do not even plan to get out of this vicious circle, then you know, your brain is most affected by this.
- The brain works in such conditions on the machine. He no longer receives new incentives that attract his attention. He is so used to the same tasks that he simply turns off.
- When the brain goes into this mode, our neural connections lose quality. Gradually, we fall into lethargy, which directly affects our memory.
The brain loses its mobility, cannot react as quickly as before, and almost without realizing it, we begin to forget everything.
- Routine, as you may have already noticed, in some cases is a great enemy of our emotions. We become drooping and sad.
One way to “reactivate” us again and avoid this sluggishness is to offer ourselves something new every day, even if it’s just a trifle. We know that we cannot completely get away from the routine: you have to work, keep the house in order, take care of loved ones.
Nevertheless, it is necessary to find for yourself every day 1 -3 hours. Do different things at this time: today, you can drink coffee in a new place, buy a book, meet a friend.
Consider to yourself interesting incentives every day, because you yourself are the creator of your life.
Learn to live in the present moment
- Our memory needs, above all, a full awareness of what is happening “here and now.” When our emotions are focused on yesterday’s sorrows or tomorrow’s anxieties, the present is in such a fog that our memory simply cannot be good.
We forget things, words, tasks, the essence of conversations with others.
To better understand this, we offer you an example:
You are so focused on the person who brings you a lot of worries, constantly thinking about what you should tell him, about the things he did to you or words he did not tell you. You are so “busy” with them that you do not remember where you left the car keys!
Your brain is healthy, everything is in order, but the problem lies in your emotional world.
Learn to give answers in the present, so as not to carry this cargo. Avoid what is after you and care only about what is happening here and now. Only then will your memory mechanisms function as they should.
The right and duty to care for your inner world
Sometimes we get a clear feeling that we have lost control of our lives ; that obligations, family, routine have such strong control over us that we do not have enough air.
- This personal discomfort breaks our inner world , and those who do not maintain a good self-esteem, their personality and control over their lives, can not have a good memory.
- Therefore, you need to “concentrate”, find this delicate and ideal point where you will be in harmony with everything that surrounds you, but, first of all, you should enjoy yourself, enjoy your personal space, close ones, friends …
A happy mind contributes to good memory.