Pregnant after Miscarriage

Getting Pregnant after Miscarriage – Miscarriage is a term used in medicine, which describes the natural termination of pregnancy in the first 20 weeks. Not only that, miscarriage create physical problems with the body, but it can also provoke psychological problems. Find out what to expect after an abortion and how to begin to try to repeat the attempt to have a child.

Physical aspects 

Most of the physical symptoms are in a tough period. Many women experience moderate to severe bleeding, cramps, hormonal fluctuations, and breast tenderness. Hormones, as in pregnancy, may be present up to one month after a miscarriage, so some women experience false positive result on a pregnancy test.

Psychological aspects of women

Psychologic aspect and mood of a woman can be very unstable. Women are faced with this problem often experience feelings of sadness, loss, anger, and sometimes even elated. Strangers can make seemingly innocent comments, which will be perceived very negatively a woman who lost her child. Many women say they are “lucky,” and they did not know their child, but the pain of miscarriage can be as severe as the death of the foetus.

Psychological aspects for men

Men also feel a sense of sadness and loss after an abortion. They can support their second half, creating an open line of communication. Men should be more patient with their wives during this time. Avoid talking about “trying again” to give women time to recover.

Statistical data miscarriages

From 10% to 25% of all pregnancies end in miscarriage. This probability increases with the age of the mother. Most miscarriages occur during the first ten weeks of pregnancy. Women over the age of 35 have a 20% – 30% greater chance of miscarriage. This figure increases to 50% after the woman crossed the 45-year mark.

What causes a miscarriage?

There are an enormous number of factors that can lead to miscarriage. Some reasons include chromosomal abnormalities, uterine abnormalities, immune problems, thyroid problems, bacterial infections, lifestyle, and polycystic ovarian syndrome.

What is the risk of subsequent miscarriage?

The more abortions a woman has had, the greater the likelihood that it will happen the possibility of miscarriage again is increased by 15% after the first miscarriage and reaches up to 25% percent after two miscarriages, and 35% after three miscarriages.

Special tests 

After a miscarriage, your doctor may perform tests to eliminate the problem before recommending that you try to get pregnant again. The most common types of tests – blood and chromosome tests. Blood tests can rule out infection and possible hormonal problems. Chromosome tests are conducted for both prospective parents.

Emotions in subsequent pregnancies

Both parents may feel a range of emotions during subsequent pregnancies. Most parents feel joy, but also other feelings may lie on the surface. Various men and women experience fear at the thought that another pregnancy can lead to miscarriage. Many parents also fear new attempts. Numerous people feel anger and resentment about their partners because they do not share their emotions.

When is the best time to try again?

Women who become pregnant within six months after a miscarriage are more likely to bear a child. Women who have miscarriage accompanied by infection will have to wait longer. After the second miscarriage, most doctors recommend waiting up to three months before trying to get pregnant again, due to the emotional loss and grief that accompanies the event. Nevertheless, many doctors suggest that women can have successful pregnancies for short periods of time.

How can you improve the chances for a healthy pregnancy?

The main ways of improving the health of pregnant lie in limiting caffeine intake, giving up alcohol and tobacco products, a balanced diet, visits to the doctor in time, the intake of vitamins and reducing stress factors.

Talk to your doctor about what to expect before, during and after the abortion. You might also consider joining a support group to understand your feelings. You are not alone, and your symptoms are not something so, what should be afraid of. There are many specialized groups for women and men who are in need of psychological help after such an emotional event.