Red moles on skin
You must have been surprised at least once, noticing the red birthmarks on your skin. These are small points of bright ruby color, which suddenly appear and just disappear suddenly.
And of course, it is absolutely natural that we begin to worry, especially if day by day it becomes more and more.
Here it is necessary to clarify one thing: red moles are acquired angiomas, they appear due to hereditary predisposition and are associated with the natural aging of the skin.
But the fact that these are not malignant formations and that they do not appear under the influence of sunlight does not at all mean that they can be left without attention and do not show from time to time to doctors.
And today we would like to tell you more about these red spots (or acquired angiomas) so that you have more information. We are sure that it will be of use to you.
5 main facts about what red moles represent on the skin
Usually, these red spots on the skin appear in large numbers at the age of 40 to 45 years. Although even from childhood or from adolescence, we may already have several such.
And they could have gone unnoticed, if not for their bright color. It is he who attracts our attention. And many people such “causing” spots on the body cut eyes and seem to be a little aesthetic.
Therefore, today, procedures for removing these red spots that we inherited from our ancestors are very common.
We will understand in more detail.
What, in fact, are these red spots?
So, an exciting question, but what is it? We answer: red moles are capillary extensions that arise due to malfunctioning of the cardiovascular system. As a rule, they appear on the arms and on the chest.
- Experts say that their nature is very similar to varicose veins, only it is “perpendicular” to the surface of the skin, and therefore we see only a point (and not a parallel of the vein). Hence the roundness of the form.
- It is important to note the following: these are benign formations. It is about the accumulation of melanocytes, which, unlike moles, are not prone to degeneration into malignant tumors.
Red spots and red dots on the skin
It is important to bear in mind that we can have red dots and red spots on our skin. Let us dwell on the latter:
- Couperose also occurs due to the expansion of capillaries, but it is more like a vascular mesh. This phenomenon is caused by a sudden change in temperature or associated with a period of pregnancy.
- It’s nice that this process is reversible, that is, the stains with time disappear by themselves.
- Still, there are hemangiomas – these are such birthmarks that most of us have. They have a pinkish hue or can be bright red.
- They, as a rule, appear in children on the face or on the chest. With age, they can disappear, but can remain for life.
Should I worry if such spots appeared?
Once again, we emphasize that all these formations on the skin are not malignant. But despite this, they also need to be monitored.
- Make sure that there are not too many such spots or spots on any particular part of your body.
- Such formations on the skin should not bother you. That is, if they are itching, aching, or some kind of discomfort, contact your doctor.
- Also, red spots on the skin should in no case be bleeding. If, when you touch them, blood appears, go to the dermatologist.
- Also, keep track of the size and shape of such spots. If the red color suddenly changes to a darker color, or the surface around the edges becomes uneven and bumpy, consult a specialist.
What can I do to get rid of red spots?
Despite the fact that health hazards such spots and points do not represent, many simply do not like them, since they are too noticeable and, they think, spoil the appearance. Often women can no longer afford to wear clothes with an open neck and decollete zone.
- It is very important to note here that you should never try to remove such stains yourself. At home, this can be dangerous.
- The size of red dots can reach 6-7 mm, these are capillaries, and therefore one should never try to “cut” them. Only a qualified dermatologist will tell you the correct way to remove these tumors.
Usually, for this, a laser is used or removed by electrocoagulation. As a result, the red dot is “burned” and no longer appears. The method has long been proven and quite safe.