Symptoms Of Liver Infection
- 1 Symptoms Of Liver Infection
- 1.1 What causes inflammation of the liver?
- 1.2 Symptoms of liver inflammation
- 1.3 What tests should I take to know the cause of the inflammation?
- 1.4 How to treat liver inflammation? Helpful Tips
Inflammation of the liver or hepatomegaly is one of the diseases that it is important to know about. It occurs when the infection gets into this irreplaceable organ for us, as a result of which the liver greatly increases in size and sends us certain signals that need to be recognized correctly and on time.
That is why in our today’s article we will talk about these symptoms and how to keep the liver healthy. Read on.
What causes inflammation of the liver?
As you know, the liver is an indispensable organ in our body and allows it to perform basic functions. It synthesizes vitamins, removes toxins and toxins, filters out harmful elements, regulates the level of amino acids and fats. .. In other words, it does everything that ensures the proper functioning of our body and allows us to have a fairly good quality of life.
But it is because of the multitasking and complexity of the processes that are performed that it sometimes happens that the liver is damaged and ceases to cope with its functions.
The cause of inflammation of the liver can be a virus or a bacterium. Sometimes this condition may be associated with medication or poor nutrition: excessive consumption of fatty foods, alcohol and semi-finished products. Therefore, it is very important to take care of yourself and your loved ones and know the symptoms of this disease.
Symptoms of liver inflammation
1. Symptoms similar to a cold or flu
So it is, with inflammation of the liver during the first few days usually there are symptoms similar to the flu. High temperature, severe fatigue, muscle pain, nausea … But over time, the condition does not improve, on the contrary, you begin to feel worse.
When it comes to inflammation, then most likely you will notice that the stomach has become bigger and harder . You can feel the pain in your stomach, and after eating feel a feeling of heaviness and overcrowding. Digestion will slow down and there may be a feeling of nausea.
3. Problems with the intestines
This is a fairly common phenomenon with inflammation of the liver. A chair can change its color to a lighter, whitish one . This is due to the impact of the virus. Urine, on the contrary, according to doctors, becomes darker.
4. Unpleasant taste in the mouth
You immediately notice a metallic taste in your mouth or bitterness. It will interfere with the taste perception, your favorite dishes will seem different and you can even lose your appetite. In addition, there may be an unpleasant smell from the mouth or a feeling of dryness in the mouth.
5. Pain and discomfort
In addition to fatigue, which we mentioned earlier, you can feel the pain under the ribs. There may be a feeling that you have a hot stove in your stomach . Drowsiness will appear, the desire to do something will be lost.
6. Skin color
One of the most obvious symptoms, which should immediately alert you, is a yellowish shade of the skin or eyes. The so-called jaundice is a sign that the liver is not well, in which case you should immediately consult a doctor.
What tests should I take to know the cause of the inflammation?
Most importantly, do not worry, most liver diseases can be treated. First, as a rule, the doctor palpates the abdomen to determine if there is inflammation. Then he appoints an ultrasound of the abdominal cavity to see if the liver is enlarged or not.
Finally, you can make an MRI of the abdominal cavity, for this, an injection with a coloring substance is injected. So do not worry, today the medicine has already advanced very much in the treatment of the liver and has all the means necessary for this.
How to treat liver inflammation? Helpful Tips
In addition to the treatment that doctors give us, at home we can also use various folk remedies to ease our condition. Take note:
- Consume more fiber and more fluid. Preference should be given to natural fruit juices and vegetable smoothies. Try not to eat red meat, fatty foods, semi-finished products with lots of chemicals and artificial additives, as well as dairy products.
- Infusion of milk thistle (thistle): few medicinal herbs are so effective and appropriate in this case than this one. It heals, removes toxins from the body, restores liver cells and relieves inflammation. Milk thistle can be bought without difficulty in pharmacies, for convenience it is sold immediately in bags for brewing. Infusion should be taken one cup a day and you will soon notice a positive result.
- Green tea : you probably know that this drink has many useful properties for our health. Green tea – a beautiful cleansing, diuretic, anti-inflammatory, it promotes good digestion and is rich in antioxidants. You can drink it every day, so be sure to try.
- Dandelion : Is it in your house? After all, this is one of the most important plants for the purification of the liver and the whole organism as a whole. It acts without exaggeration as a balm. Very simple, but incredibly effective, do not hesitate.