- 1 Sinusitis
- 1.1 Causes of sinusitis
- 1.2 We treat sinusitis at home
In this article, we will tell you about three natural remedies that will help you cure both acute and chronic sinusitis.
Slime? Nasal congestion? Headache? When the soft tissues lining the bones of the head (sinuses) become inflamed and become infected, we begin to suffer from sinusitis.
If you suffer from this disease for more than 12 weeks, most likely, it has already become chronic. If this is the result of a seasonal allergy or cold, it is an acute sinusitis.
Causes of sinusitis
Here are some of the most common causes of sinusitis:
- Anatomic features, for example, curvature of the nasal septum or enlarged nasal Concha
- Active and passive smoking
- Fungal, bacterial and viral infections
- Polyps in the nose
- Chronic diseases, such as cystic fibrosis and diabetes
We treat sinusitis at home
1. Steam inhalation with mint and eucalyptus
Steam inhalations are an ancient method of treatment of respiratory diseases. The inhalation of vapors from medicinal plants cleans the respiratory tract , softens the throat and removes the mucus accumulated in it.
For the treatment of sinusitis, mint and white eucalyptus, which purify and revitalize the respiratory tract, are best suited.
What is needed?
- medium-sized pan with lid
- 1 liter of water
- 5 tablespoons mint and white eucalyptus (50 g)
How to make steam inhalation on your own?
- Bring water to the boil with medicinal herbs. When it boils, remove it from the heat, cover it and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Sit over the pan, but be careful and do not bend too low to get burned, cover your head with a towel to keep warm.
- Stay in this position for 10 minutes and breathe deeply through the nose.
- To finish the procedure, wash with cold water to soothe the skin and remove redness.
- You can do these inhalations 2-3 times a week. When you feel better, you can reduce the frequency of procedures to once a week or once every two weeks to prevent this disease.
2. Irrigation using the Tibetan bowl
The nasal bowl is a nasal flushing device made of ceramic or plastic and looks like a small jug that allows you to gently inject liquid through one nostril, after which it pours out without pressure from the other nostril.
When performing this procedure, always keep your mouth open and alternate your nostrils. This advice is extremely important for the proper use of the bow bowl.
So you can clean the nasal tracts much softer and faster than using a syringe, which is also often used for these purposes.
You can buy ready-made solutions specially designed for this purpose, or make your own rinse infusion from one part of the sea water and two and a half parts of ordinary water. Or just dissolve in a liter of water three teaspoons of sea salt to get close to the acid-base balance of our body.
You can find a Tibetan bowl in natural food stores or a pharmacy.
3. Eat garlic, cayenne pepper and ginger every day
There are three medicinal products that have a cleansing and expectorant properties and are very useful for the treatment of sinusitis: garlic, cayenne pepper and ginger.
In order to extract the maximum benefit from garlic, you need to eat it raw. You can add it to food grated or chopped, for example, in sauces, stew, vinaigrettes and rice dishes.
You can also prepare a Tibetan medicine based on garlic or take garlic in capsules.
It is very sharp and useful for digestion, metabolism and circulation.
Start with a small amount of cayenne pepper and add it to stew, soups and other dishes.
This exotic plant has an effect similar to the action of cayenne pepper and can be used as a spice for different types of dishes, including recipes for meat and fish in grated form. It can also be added to sauces, juices, cocktails, cookies or teas.
You can also use dried ginger in powder for more convenience.